Birth Mother Support and Resources
As the cost of living increases, so do the needs of women facing an unplanned pregnancy. Not all adoption agencies provide adequate support, and the laws for pregnancy-related assistance are different for each state. At A Guardian Angel Adoptions, we offer free resources to support women in situations where they are unable to provide for their baby and connect them with families who can, through adoption.
Free legal aid, financial assistance and coverage of medical costs are a few of our resources. We work with lawyers in each state to make sure expectant mothers are receiving the fullest benefits available. If a mother needs more support than her state offers, we will cover moving expenses to our Utah location. From there, we provide housing and an experienced, personal case manager who knows the adoption process well. Our highest priority is to make sure every woman in our care feels safe, comfortable and supported.
Pregnancy-related expenses before, during and after the adoption process are not payment for your baby. Adoption agencies that pay or coerce birth mothers into placing their baby in exchange for money or gifts are doing so illegally and unethically. Every state offers adoption compensation and benefits for birth mothers. If you are an expectant mother, these benefits will help support you in recovery and get you back on your feet after delivery.
A birth mother’s legally covered expenses may include the following:
- Living expenses. These include housing, food and other necessities as allowed by the state.
- Moving assistance. We will also cover travel expenses to bring mothers to our housing in Utah if necessary. You will receive a safe and comfortable apartment, along with an assigned social worker to take you grocery shopping, to doctor appointments and other outings.
- 24/7 support. A Guardian Angel always has staff available and on call for you and all the women we are supporting.
- Adoption Guidance. We provide counseling services and a caring caseworker to answer any questions you might have.
- After-placement care. We have an amazing post-placement department built for supporting you after delivery and placement.
- Educational assistance. If desired, we offer free programs to help all birth mothers receive their GED.
- Medical care. The birth mother’s health — your health — and the health of their child are our top priorities.
- Matching services that reach a wider variety of adoptive families across the country.
- Legal assistance to ensure the best placement of every child.
- We guarantee safe and loving families through our background checks and home study requirements.
Many women who choose adoption continue to pursue the future they had in mind prior to pregnancy. Whether that is school, travel or work, any pregnant woman can still achieve her dreams and give her baby the life she imagines.
There are major advantages to adoption for expectant mothers. A Guardian Angel can help you recover quickly and get back on your feet in a short amount of time. Expectant mothers have an instant support system when using our agency. We aim to create a safe haven, especially for women feeling alone during and after pregnancy. You are never alone!